Ginger Shrimp Open-Faced Sandwiches
- 4 ounces light cream cheese, softened
- 1-inch piece fresh ginger, peeled and minced
- 1 teaspoon low-sodium soy sauce
- 24 cooked medium shrimp (about 1/2 pound)
- 4 scallions, trimmed and washed
- 24 grape tomatoes
- 24 slices whole-wheat cocktail bread
- In a small bowl, mix cream cheese, ginger, and soy sauce. Set aside.
- Slice shrimp lengthwise.
- Chop scallions into rings.
- Halve grape tomatoes lengthwise.
- Spread ginger-soy cream cheese on mini-bread slices.
- Arrange 2 halves of shrimp, tomato, and sprinkle of scallions on each slice.
- Serve at once or refrigerate until ready.
Makes: 24 mini-sandwiches
Each has about 47 calories, 10 g protein, 1 g fat, 21 mg cholesterol, 5 g carbohydrates, 1 g fiber, and 112 mg sodium.
Online Medical Reviewer: Poulson, Brittany, RD, CDE
Online Medical Reviewer: Wilkins, Joanna, R.D., C.D.
Date Last Reviewed: 8/1/2016
© 2000-2018 The StayWell Company, LLC. 800 Township Line Road, Yardley, PA 19067. All rights reserved. This information is not intended as a substitute for professional medical care. Always follow your healthcare professional's instructions.